Give Back - Volunteer
BUFFALO RUN ADVENTURES | Give Back By Volunteering
We love volunteers. Without volunteers, these races wouldn’t happen. So, this is the place to find out a bit more information about volunteering.
Buffalo Run Adventures Volunteer Policy (revised 11/21/2017)
With having so many volunteers, I had to come up with a few guidelines just to keep things straight in my own mind. So here they are.
- If you volunteer for 8 hours or longer, I’ll give you a comp entry to any race I put on, any distance, and you can use it within a year, including for the same race the following year.
- If you volunteer for less than 8 hours, here’s the schedule:
- Less than two hours – no discount
- Two to four hours – 25% discount
- Four to six hours – 50% discount
- Six to eight hours – 75% discount
- If you volunteer for the Buffalo Run in March, you will not be able to run it the same year unless you volunteer for the 25K on its day. Then you can run the Buffalo Run the same year as it’ on a different day. In order to get the discount or comp entry, you must sign up to volunteer ahead of time. While we certainly appreciate and love having volunteers that happen to be at the races anyway, we have a limited number of comp and discount entries available.
- Only one comp or discount per person per year. No discounts for multiple races.
- The discount or comp entry is transferable between spouses/significant others and you (this does not include friends), so if your significant other doesn’t run and volunteers, they can pass their discount or comp to you.
- There will be a certain number of these available discounts or comps available for each race. In order to take advantage of a discount, you must be signed up to volunteer ahead of time and have that confirmed by Britta before the race. Day of race volunteers are not eligible for a discount.
- If available, all volunteers will get some sort of cheap business gratuity (mug, shirt, etc.) as a token of our sincere appreciation for helping us out. I can give out hugs and profuse thank you’s as well.
- Every year we give out several thousand dollars worth of free entries as a thank you to our volunteers, hence the need to keep some sort of track.
Britta Trepp is the volunteer coordinator and all things scheduling. If you would like to volunteer, she is the person to talk to.
Buffalo Run (25k) - March 10th 2018
Buffalo Run (100miler, 50 miler, and 50k) - March 23rd - 24th 2018
Logan Peak Trail Run - June 16th 2018
Harriman Park 25k/50k - August 18th, 2018
Fall Classic 50k - November 11th, 2017
MTN View Trail Half Marathon - November 11th, 2017
Antelope Island Map